The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi has made 31Trips covering a whopping 49 countries until July 2017. These details were released by the Prime Minister’s Office. The details about the expenses incurred on chartered flights used by Modi state that most of them were bilateral trips.
The maximum expenses incurred were on the chartered flights PM Modi took to visit France, Germany, and Canada – over Rs 31 crore.
Bhutan â€“ June 2014 â€“ Rs 2.45 crore
Brazil â€“ July 2014 â€“ Rs 20.35 crore
Myanmar, Australia, and Fiji â€“ November 2014 â€“ Rs 22.58 crore
China, Mongolia, and South Korea â€“ April 2015 â€“ Rs 15.15 crore
Ireland and USA â€“ September 2015 â€“ Rs 18.46 crore
Belgium, USA, and Saudi Arabia â€“ April 2016 â€“ Rs 15.85 crore
Vietnam and China â€“ September 2016 â€“ Rs 9.53 crore
All though most of you after reading out the expenses, must be wide Eyed already by now, but as you go through, as the significance of the trips unfolds, You will gradually understand(if you are not from the opposition) that these trips have enabled India to leave a global footprint.
Be It Israelâ€™s leading newspaper referring Mr. Modi as the most important Prime minister of the world or America seizing itâ€™s cash aid supplies in many parts of Pakistan, Indiaâ€™s image and her might has escalated many notches earning it repute it always deserved.
Here are the most significant visits of the Indian Prime Minister and The Bilateral MOUs, Agreements, Documents signed by India with respective countries
1.Israel: Visit 4-6 July
Both leaders welcomed the ongoing cooperation between the Israel Space Agency (ISA) and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). They expressed satisfaction over the signing of three MoUs and Plan of Cooperation in the areas of Cooperation in Atomic Clocks; GEO-LEO Optical Link; Academic collaboration and Electric propulsion for small satellites which would further enhance cooperation between the two countries. They also encouraged the two Space Agencies to further enhance the growing relationship for mutual benefit. The two leaders acknowledged that the recent launching by ISRO of an Israeli nano satellite is an important milestone in this area. A total of seven agreementsÂ were signedÂ between India and IsraelÂ in sectors ranging from agriculture to water conservation and space as they sought to deepen ties beyond high-pricedÂ defenseÂ deals.
The PM of India Mr. Narendra Modi and his counterpartÂ Benjamin NetanyahuÂ presented a series of agreements for cooperation on satellite technology,Â water, and agriculture, as well as the creation of a $40 million innovation fund.
2.United states of America: Visit 25-26 June 2017
More than economic perks, this trip was quintessential for the Indians as this trip of PM Modi can be regarded as a significant move of India towards safeguarding and strengthening its alliance with America arguably the greatest super power in the world. After this visit, the fresh elect president Donald Trump took a firm stand against terrorism. The USA termed India as one of the worst hit nation by terrorism
3.Portugal: Visit 24 June 2017
- India-Portugal Space Alliance
- Protocol amending the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income
- Mou On nano technology
- MoU on Public Administration and Governance Reforms
- MoU on Cultural Cooperation
- MoU on Youth and Sports between
- MoU on Cooperation in the fields of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- MoU Between AgÃªncia para o Investimento e ComÃ©rcio Externo de Portugal, E.P.E. (aicep Portugal Global – Trade & Investment Agency) and PIBHub â€“ Portugal India Business Hub
- Memorandum of Understanding between Portugal India Business Hub & Riera Group/Goa Desk
- MoU on Biotechnology
- Memorandum of Understanding between Portugal India Business Hub & Indian Chamber of Commerce
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
4.France: Visit 2-3 June 2017
- MOU between AFD and the Government of Maharashtra on technical cooperation in the field of sustainable urban development for development of a smart city in Nagpur.
- MoU between AFD and The Government of the Union Territory of Chandigarh on technical cooperation in the field of sustainable urban development for development of the smart city in Chandigarh.
- Wind Power Development Agreement between EDF JV with SITAC RE India to jointly explore opportunities for development of wind-based power project in India.
- Agreement between CEA (the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission) and Green Ventures â€“ Solar photo voltaic projects in the Indian rural areas (Varanasi, U.P.)
- Agreement between CEA (the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission) and Crompton Greaves – To explore opportunities in Solar Photo Voltaic (PV) System with storage function for Indian Airports.
- Mahindra-Airbus cooperation to create the new private strategic partner for helicopters within the Make in India initiative
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
5.Russia: Visit 31st May-2 June 2017
- Cultural Exchange Programme between the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation for the years 2017-2019
- Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL) Access Agreement between Council of Scientific & Industrial Research and Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent)
- General Framework Agreement between Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited and Joint Stock Company â€˜ATOMSTROYEXPORTâ€™ for the implementation of Units 5 & 6 of â€˜Kudankulamâ€™ Nuclear Power Plant
- Memorandum of Cooperation between the Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council of India and Public Joint Stock Company â€˜ALROSAâ€™
- Agreement for the Nagpur-Secunderabad Semi High-Speed Execution Study in India between the Ministry of Railways of the Republic of India and the Joint Stock Company â€˜Russian Railwaysâ€™
6.Spain: Visit 30-31 May 2017
- MOU on technical cooperation in civil aviation
- MOU on cooperation in organ Transplant between Indiaâ€™s Directorate General of health services and the national transplant organization of Spain
- MOU on cooperation in the field of cyber security
- MOU on cooperation in the field of renewable energy
- Agreement of transfer of sentenced persons
————————————————————————————————————————— Â 7.Germany: Visit29-30 may 2017
- JDI on Cooperation in the Field of Digitalization, Empowerment and Economic Impact
- Collaboration on Training of Indian Skill Development Officers and Cluster Managers
- JDI on Indo-German Centre for Sustainability
- JDI on German Indian Cooperation on Cyber Policy
- JDI on Indo-German Development Cooperation
- JDI on continuation of cooperation in the field of advanced training of corporate and junior executives from India
- JDI on Cooperation in Vocational Education and skill development for Machine Tools
- Cooperation in Health Sector
- Cooperation in Alternative Medicine
- JDI on Collaboration between Foreign Service Institutes
- JDI on Cooperation in Railway Safety
- JDI on Cooperation for Sustainable Urban Development
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
8.Japan: Visit 11-12 November 2016
- Agreement Between The Government Of The Republic Of India And The Government Of Japan for Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy:
- Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) between the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship of India, Government of India and Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry of Japan, Government of Japan on the Manufacturing Skill Transfer Promotion program memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between ISRO and JAXA concerning Cooperation in the Field of Outer Space
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between ISRO and JAXA concerning Cooperation in the Field of Outer Space
- MoU between Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Republic of India and The Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) on Mutual Collaboration in Marine and Earth Science and Technology
- MoC between the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India and Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan in the Field of Agriculture and Food Related Industry
- MoU between National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited and Japan Overseas Infrastructure Investment Corporation for Transport and Urban Development
- MoU between Textiles Committee, Ministry of Textiles, GoI and Japan Textiles Products Quality and Technology Centre (QTEC) in the Field of Textiles
- MOC in the Field of Cultural Exchange between the Ministry of Culture, Government of India and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Government of Japan
- MoC on Cooperation in Sports between Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Government of India and Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Government of Japan
- MOU between the State Government of Gujarat and Hyogo Prefectural Government, Japan
9.Mozambique(Africa): Visit 7 July 2016
Â India signed a long-term agreement for the import of pulses from Mozambique during Modiâ€™s visit, the first by an Indian prime minister to the southeast African state in three decades. The pact will help India tide over the shortage of pulses in the country that has led to a spurt in prices. Mozambique grows the commodity without much consumption. Indiaâ€™s cabinet last month had cleared a proposal to enter into an agreement with Mozambique for importing 100,000 tons of pulses in 2016-17 with an option to scale it up to 200,000 tons by 2020-2021.
10.China: Visit 14-16 may 2015
- MOU to jointly set up Photovoltaic (PV) Industry Park for the production of 500 MW of PV Cell and 500MW of PV Solar Modules in India.
- Tripartite MoU in renewable energy sector
- Framework Agreement to establish an integrated PV Industrial Park in Mundra SEZ, and to explore investments in gas power generation and natural gas industry.
- MoU to set up a Solar Cell and module manufacturing facility
- MoU to generate 5,000 MW of solar power in the next five years as well as manufacturing of solar modules.
- Offshore Delivery Centre in Dalian
- Financing for purchase of equipment under License approved by TRAI
- Financing for purchase of equipment from ZTE and Huawei
- Masterplan MoU on 2000 acre Industrial Park in Kakinada SEZ for hi-end Chinese equipment manufacturers
- industrial Park in Gujarat
- Manufacturing of high-tech Capital Goods in India
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â