It has been a long going debate about whether Artificial intelligence is a boon or bane for the human race and that up to what extent.Where Some proclaim that it will amplify human efficiency and accuracy, some argue that this will attenuate the requirement of human workforce resulting in increased unemployment and machine dependency.Factburp rests this debate to the discretion of its readers.However, below we mention some positive outlays of the AI phenomenon.
- Detecting Terror Propagandas-A startup from London-ASI data science working in sync with the government of UK has successfully designed and developed a machine learning system that can detect a staggering 94% of ISIS’s hate propaganda videos and write-ups uploaded online with a probable error rate of just 0.005%.
- Detecting Earthquakes and Natural Calamities-Stalwart brains of the Harward university have developed a state of the art AI system that can boost up the sensitivity of traditional seismographs.Now, they can detect earthquakes 17 times better by differentiating between normal geological activities and the weird ones, we know as earthquakes.These are sensitive enough to detect the earthquakes of magnitude as low as 0 to -1.
- Child Protection from Smartphones-By Developing an algorithm which can distinguish users between adult and children, Researchers from South Carolina and Zhejiang University(China) have created ripples in the IT arena.This algorithm can detect if the user of the smartphone is an adult or a child to prevent misuse.The algorithm is 84 % accurate after one swipe and 97% after eight.
- Curbing Defaming Porn-Gfycat, an image hosting company has developed an AI system that can combat against the menace of swapping celebrity faces into porn videos, also known as “Deepfakes”.It will mask the faces in the videos and will clearly indicate that the clips were altered.
- Tracking prescription drugs- A prescription database is now tracking every prescription drug sent or ordered in the region with the purpose to combat addiction and relay what the patients are prescribed by the healthcare providers.States basically track prescription for the drugs that stand high risks of abuse like opioids.
- Keeping track Of Cattle-An AI developed by the mighty Alibaba can recognize cattle on a farm based on a mark placed on their bodies simultaneously monitoring their activity.The Software tracks the health parameters of the animals like age, weight etc.It also predicts and identifies the animals that are most like to produce healthy offsprings.
- Filling your Blanks: Giving a major boost to the photography industry, an AI developed by the researchers of Waseda University in Japan have developed a deep recognition system that can fill in missing parts of a photograph with realistic imagery.Powered by the dataset of 8 million pictures of the landscape, human faces, and other objects, it can generate replacement imagery and can also be used to produce 3D imagery from 2D photographs.
- Locating Smartphones for emergency calls: With an astonishing accuracy of 80%, Google along with two other companies that oversee 911 call centers in the USA have developed a method of sharing smartphone location data with emergency responders more accurately than wireless careers with an estimate average radius of 121 feet in terms of location data.
- Creating a virtual training ground for the household: AI2-THOR, an open source simulator developed by the Allen Institute of Artificial Intelligence can serve as a virtual training ground for AI systems to learn about how to interact with household objects.Including 120 near-photorealistic scenes of bedrooms, kitchens and living rooms, the AI adapts things it learns in a virtual environment.
- Determining Death through Genetic Analysis: At Centre for Genomic regulation, a genomics research organization in Barcelona, the research team has developed a machine learning system that can analyze gene activity in human tissue samples and predict when the person died.They were able to identify predictable patterns in how different genetic activities change at different intervals after death.
We request our readers to contribute on the subject and enlighten us more about the same.